Best way to patch a big (but not too big) hole in drywall? : HomeImprovement

Hi everyone,

I’m moving out soon, and I need to fix a biggish hole (1 1/2″ in diameter) in the wall of my bathroom. Here are the pictures (please keep in mind that the tape measure is in cm).

From what I’ve found so far, it seems that the common method would be to cut a square in the drywall, screw some wood struts on the inside, and use them as a support for a patch of drywall.

I’m surprised that there is no simpler method given the fact that it’s still a pretty small hole. I remember seeing someone use some sort of cardboard held against the inside of the wall by a small rod, then that was filled with patching plaster, but I can’t seem to find any reference to this technique online.

Any suggestion that won’t immediately cave in if my landlord decides to check the integrity of the repair by pressing on it?

Thanks for your help!

Source link

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply
Enable registration in settings - general