Cracked parging on top of ??? covering crawlspace (??) : HomeImprovement

Apologies for the vagueness in this post. I am not sure what the right keywords are to google for / describe this problem, but I’ll give it a go anyway.

Location: Southern Ontario, Canada

We moved into this house last fall. The house has a rear addition which sits on top of beams dug into the ground. (The basement does not extend beneath the addition).  

The space under the addition (crawl space?) is enclosed by what looks like parging on top of what I think but am not sure is wood panelling. Over the winter, some large chunks came off of the parging near where a downspout froze / thawed.  So I am trying to figure out what I need to do and how to do it, but I’m having a bit of trouble researching the problem because I think I’m using the wrong search terms. Right now, I’m mostly getting videos about repairing parging on top of concrete foundations. I would be grateful if someone could help me know what the right words are to describe the problem I’m having.

Source link

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply
Enable registration in settings - general