How do I fix this hole?

I need to repair this hole in my closet.

I was going to make the hole more rectangle, put in some wood blocking and attach new drywall, but I'm stumped by the thickness (it doesn't match anything that Home Depot sells). I don't know what thickness drywall I should be getting because it will either be too thin or too thick.

On top of that it looks like there's two layers – is that normal? Why would someone put two layers of drywall in a closet?

This does look like drywall, right?

Thank you for your help.

submitted by /u/HippoCream

Source link

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply
Enable registration in settings - general