How would you fire insulate an interior condo wall? : HomeImprovement

Hello everyone! I have a condo with a main wall facing a common area that faces out to an area that unfortunately is at a higher risk for fire due to containing a lot of electric panels across the hall and I wanted to do some updating to help fireproof that initial wall protecting my unit from the common area. Currently it’s a standard 1/4th” drywall with standard insulation, I was thinking of adding a small additional drywall or replace the existing drywall with either a type x or with a 4hr rated 3m panel. Has anyone ever done this and what would you recommend? Ps of course I’ve done everything in my power to lessen the fire risk, I just now have to try and plan if it ever did occur. Would something like this attached to a layer of drywall work?

Source link

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply
Enable registration in settings - general