I am desperately trying to remove the old Bosch dishwasher in my new (to me) house but the previous owners seem to have installed new flooring that blocked it in. I’m hoping someone who has attempted the same feat has tried something I haven’t, and wouldn’t mind sharing. As you can see in the photos, I need to get a good half inch more of clearance in order to get the dishwasher out from under the counter. The flooring is just a couple years old so I’m wary of chipping away at it (and probably don’t have the right tools, anyway).
– I’ve seen suggestions to use a rotary saw / rotary tool to cut off the plastic legs but, as you can see in the photos, the legs are already at a minimum.
– I removed plastic corner bumpers at the top but it did not create enough space.
– The countertop does not easily lift up, I would have to somehow detach it from the island.
– I tried tilting it but that did not create enough space.
– I’ve detached the wires and cut the power to the dishwasher.
ETA added full photo of dishwasher
ETA2 keeping the current dishwasher isn’t an option — the cycle timer seems to be broken and it’s 10 years old so unlikely to last much longer anyway.