Replacement tips for “rubber gasket thing on base of windows”? : HomeImprovement

Please excuse the lack of proper terminology, I’m really not sure of proper terms. I’m trying to help my parents make energy improvements to their mid-1990s home. Checking windows around the house, I’ve found it’s very drafty around the sills. In most of the windows, there is only a plastic sill, but a few have some old “rubber gasket thing” that appears to have disintegrated elsewhere.

Based on the above, these are my questions:

  1. What is this stuff called?

  2. How much will it help with saving energy?

  3. Any tips for properly installing it?

Source link

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply
Enable registration in settings - general