What is this and how do I make it stop leaking? : HomeImprovement


The black part appears to carry water into my sump pump on the right from the outside of my basement.

After a big snow melt, I noticed it was wet around the edges of the black part, so I tore up a plank of my flooring, wiped it up, and snapped that picture.

What is that black thing called, and how do I get it to stop leaking water? Is water seeping through it, or is there likely a hole that I just can’t see?

It looks like the previous owners patched it before, given the white paste-looking substance.

Source link

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

Enable registration in settings - general