What waterproofing material to use on “unshingled” section of roof? : HomeImprovement

The roof of my house is concrete tile, except for a small section over the “portico”. It’s some type of tar paper that utilize metal flashing that’s then “tarred” onto the edge of the house. Dumb, I know. I’ve noticed some cracks on the tar covering the flashing. I’m in Florida, so rainy season is coming up and I want to do some preventative maintenance. What should I use to go over these cracks? Should I go over the tar paper with anything?

Portico with red rectangle indicating the flat section that’s not tiled:


Cracks in flashing tar:


Tar paper? Material that covers this section of the roof:


Source link

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

Enable registration in settings - general